The upcoming U.N. vote to ratify the declaration titled "End Violence against Women" has rankled Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, so much so that they released an official statement on their English language website.
They call the declaration "euphemistically" named.
They say it's misleading, deceptive, and will unravel the very fabric of the civilized world.
The rights they don't want to see include:
1. Granting girls full sexual freedom, as well as the freedom to decide their own gender and the gender of their partners (ie, choose to have normal or homo- sexual relationships), while raising the age of marriage.
2. Providing contraceptives for adolescent girls and training them to use those, while legalizing abortion to get rid of unwanted pregnancies, in the name of sexual and reproductive rights.
3. Granting equal rights to adulterous wives and illegitimate sons resulting from adulterous relationships.
4. Granting equal rights to homosexuals, and providing protection and respect for prostitutes.
5. Giving wives full rights to file legal complaints against husbands accusing them of rape or sexual harassment, obliging competent authorities to deal husbands punishments similar to those prescribed for raping or sexually harassing a stranger.
6. Equal inheritance (between men and women).(...)
More on: http://www.businessinsider.com/egypts-10-reasons-gender-equality-bad-2013-3