You wouldn't consider pics less -let me find a proper word- 'serious' than printed words, for learners to work with... would you ? Using visuals definitely helps. : I've started using infographics for ELT since I first viewed one (have to admit it was dazzlingly bright)... many years ago.
Not only do infographics help visual learners understand and memorise, but they do help... anyone learn ! Besides, they now look familiar enough to enter our teaching tool case :-}
- - - -
"Why teach with infographics?
- help students make sense of vast amount of information
- organize and group related information together
- tell a story
- connect information
- make raw data more appealing to most learners who are visual
- understand complex relationships between data over time
- analyze and interpret information [...]"