Social media and blogging has gone from being an activity you did for just fun and pleasure to serious business. If you mean business and and need to market and monetize your business, personal brand, website or blog to take advantage of the opportunities. Here some tools, resources to guide you.
A new wave of e-textbooks is giving students more than just words and a few hotlinks on a digital page. Publishers over the last few years have been adding video, interactive maps and gamified quizzes designed to engage students more deeply in their learning.
To counter common misconceptions and bring clarity to discussions about “Flipped Learning,” the governing board and key leaders of the Flipped Learning Network (FLN) announced a formal definition of the term. They also released the Four Pillars of F-L-I-P™ and a checklist of eleven indicators that educators must incorporate into their practice.
There is mounting evidence that complementing or replacing lectures with student-centric, technology-enabled active learning strategies and learning guidance—rather than memorization and repetition—improves learning, supports knowledge retention, and raises achievement. These new student-centered blended learning methods inspire engagement, and are a way to connect with every student right where they are while supporting progress toward grade level standards.
MOOC Research Initiative (MRI) is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation as part of a set of investments intended to explore the potential of MOOCs to extend access to postsecondary credentials through more personalized, more affordable pathways.
"The power of Twitter resides in the kind of connections and networks it allows you to make.Twitter is by far the social networking platform that teachers and educators populate the most. As such, creating a personal/professional learning network comprising kindred others is as easy as participating in the weekly educational chats organized on Twitter (#edchat as an example). These meet-ups enable you to meet and connect with teachers from all around the globe. They also introduce you to a treasure trove of information, resources, links, tips, and learning experiences that can be leveraged for your own purposes."
Moodle (acronym for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is an open source Learning Management System (LMS ) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE ). It is rising in popularity among the educators around the world, as a tool for creating dynamic websites for students. It is open source, since it is customizable, has no contracts or user costs to pay and is widely available for free use. It can be efficiently integrated with your management system and allows you to support personalized learning, which is effective even outside the classroom and encourages the involvement of the broader community of the institution.
Moodle has constantly maintained its top spot among the LMS tools and has been ranked 11th overall among the top 100 tools for learning in 2013 . Many factors have contributed to Moodle being highly successful. On top of being a great LMS, it is also free to use. Teachers can teach their own online courses using this and find it stable and easy to use and being customizable, it fits to its user’s needs with ease.
Moodle has several advantages over other LMSs, here’s the list of a few:
- It is an open source learning platform, which is utilized by millions of people worldwide. This open source nature allows anybody to tinker with its code or add new things. Users can share changes with the Moodle community for others to use for free. All this leads to the extension and reformation of the software.
- It makes use of simple technologies, as a result of which its developers are easy to find.
- It is built on some of the most reliable technologies, such as PHP, MySQL, Apache.
- It has a fully cooperative development model which offers constant scope for improvement by allowing many high quality contributions to acquire new modules, features and enhancements.
- It makes use of the more advanced programming approach, the object-oriented programming which makes its functionality all the more efficient and allows users to proceed at their own pace, as well as customize it according to their needs.
- It focuses on making the learning and teaching experience constructivist. This process encourages the involvement of learners in the learning process, rather than letting them receive knowledge passively. The learning environment becomes more democratic with interactive and student-centered activities.
- It is convenient for educational institutions and organizations for learning and course management.
- It can be quickly deployed in your organization, without the requirement of any extra efforts.
- It is highly cost-effective, since it has a low risk startup and a low initial investment.
- It provides you with fast and reliable updates of information.
- It provides you with regular support, all the time you use it. Its support feature is active twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and addresses to its developers, members and users.
This groundbreaking EdTech study examines the way that modern technology is bringing remarkable innovation into the educational sector; a field which has historically remained fairly fixed and traditional for centuries. The report analyses the degree to which education is being made into a universally accessible, innovative, personalized, and adaptive experience, and finds that the these changes will be pivotal for achieving the United Nations’ goal of universal education by 2015.
If you do anything professionally related to online technology, you understand the immense amount of data you need to sort through each day. There are the daily content roundups, blogs to read, Facebook posts and to check, tweets to scroll through and news sites. That doesn’t include whatever else arrives in your in-box. I literally cannot keep up with all that I want to know about social media technology and its use for engagement, fundraising and advocacy.
It’s really too much to know. That’s when I began trusting the curators.
Trusting the curators was a strategy I employed to begin to figure out what to read, what I needed to read, and what others whom I trusted thought was important to read. We cannot read it all. We cannot begin to imagine trying to read it all. We must trust to the curators.
Trusting others to curate content has become my primary means for gathering relevant information about social media and particularly nonprofit technology.
Papyrus is a simple online editor to create ebooks.You can edit the cover using a simple drag and drop cover editor, import content from the web, or create new content as easily as writing a blog post.If you want to sell your ebook, all you have to do is set a price and click publish.