Youth are sharing more personal information on their profiles than in the past. They choose private settings for Facebook, but share with large networks of friends.
Key findings include:
Teens are sharing more information about themselves on their social media profiles than they did when we last surveyed in 2006:
- 91% post a photo of themselves, up from 79% in 2006.
- 71% post their school name, up from 49%.
- 71% post the city or town where they live, up from 61%.
- 53% post their email address, up from 29%.
- 20% post their cell phone number, up from 2%.
Via Gust MEES, Dan Kirsch