Netflix data shows "binge watching" is up. How do we create content marketing to encourage a binge?
Creating Binge Worthy Content for Ecommerce sites helps master the New SEO, but the process is different than for B2B because:
* B2C ecom content needs more UGC (User Generated Content).
* Ecom content needs to tell great stories fast so VIDEO.
* UGC needs engagement support so gamification.
* Tribal key for ecommerce, so needs to be highly social.
* Don't like to pull attention away from HERO, so selectively visual.
* Need to curate more "binge worthy content" from UGC and social.
That last bullet demonstrates the core difference. B2C ecommerce is an act of curation as much as creation. Customers trust each other often MORE than the websites they visit. The more UGC an ecom website has the richer it is.
UGC can take many forms on an ecommerce site such as:
* Profiles (MyAccount).
* Response to contests and games.
* Review the reviewer (was this review helpful?).
* Social shares.
* Blog or social commentary (use only with permission as you will have to rake into your website with an Online Reputation Management tool).
Stories and content are no less important to an ecommerce website, but there are distinct difference in the type of content that will help and not hurt conversions.