Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2011-2012 school year, 23 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
California Connections Academy @ Ripon (CalCAR) is a tuition-free online public school serving students in Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, Contra Costa, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Santa Clara, and Stanislaus counties. CalCAR gives students the flexibility to learn at home with a curriculum that meets rigorous state education standards. Connections Academy is a division of Connections Education, which is accredited by AdvancED.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working from our office in Ripon, California or from your home office in Sacramento, CA, certified Teachers will “virtually” manage instructional programs. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
• Must meet California requirements as a Highly qualified teacher with a multiple subject teaching credential (appropriate to grade level responsibilities)
• Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Customer focused approach
• High degree of flexibility
• Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
• Team player track record
• Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state testing events (may require occasional overnight travel)
• Ability to work remotely, if necessary
• Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to support some families
To apple please visit: https://re22.ultipro.com/CON1019/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx