Love this infographic. Not going to write all of this excellent advice here, but here is their top 10 Social Media Rules:
1. If all you do is respond to complaints that is all people will send.
2. Stop and Ask would an actual person talk that way?
3. Everyone says they don't want to be marketed to, really they just don't want to be talked down to! (YES)
4. The consumer is out for himself no you.
5. As monetization attempts to up, consumer experience goes down.
6. Don't try to be clever, BE CLEVER.
7. Social is 24/7/365 NOT a one time stunt. (YES!)
8. Always write back.
9. Have and ROI. Haven an ROI. Have an ROI.
10. People would rather talk to "Comcast Melissa" than Comcast.
This infographic just keeps giving great advice until they end up wtih the 36 Rules of Social Media Marketing.
Via Martin (Marty) Smith