You are the content you publish.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Twitter
I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter account
Start a free trial of Scoop.it Professional
Insights from Futurist Gerd Leonhard on the marketing trends you should be paying attention to now.
Here are Leonhard's predictions that connect with storytelling:
1. Marketing will be more personalized and customized. Breaking trust with customers will be deadly. Stories help create personalized marketing and build trust. They also help you keep that trust.
2. Ongoing conversations will consume marketing activities, which is different that what is happening today. That means lots of story sharing back and forth between customers and between the company and customers.
3. Data alone will never be enough. Companies need to reach consumers on an emotional level. That's the role of stories.
Mike Ellsworth's insight:
If you don't already know that you need to be telling stories online, mosey on over to Karen's curated content on business storytelling at www.scoop.it/t/just-story-it
Here are Leonhard's points in brief:
1. By 2020, most interruptive marketing will be gone.
2. The idea of having a separate marketing department is going to vanish. In the future, the "reason to buy" will be socially motivated
3. Location-based services will be immensely valuable and useful, but not until we have some kind of a privacy bank
4. Companies are going to try to predict how people feel about their brand, and then adjust in real time
5. Companies can collect all the data they want, but data alone will never be enough. You still need to reach consumers on an emotional level.