Choosing to become a driving instructor is a good decision. You will not only be helping the society in producing good drivers, you will also indirectly be helping in reducing the number of accidents. And, if you are wondering how to become a driving instructor, then you will need to undergo a training course which will make you qualified and certified. Please keep in mind that you will need to be adequately certified before you start teaching anyone and earn money.
How to become a driving instructor?
If you love to drive and can teach well, then you can pursue this career. There are some points that you need to know before becoming a driving instructor. You need to be able to see the license plate from a distance of 90 feet. And, your license should not have more than 6 points. You need to hold a driving license for minimum 3 years. Also, you might have to get a criminal check done. Here are some of the tips that you would need to follow:
• Do a lot of research and find out about the driving instructor training courses.
• And, before you take up the course, do introspection on whether you will suit this job or not.
• As you will need to qualify as ADI, you will need to give in a lot of commitment and hard work.
• Find the right kind of trainer for yourself and for that, you can look up the Official register for finding out the registered trainers. Check the qualifications and their pass percentages etc.
• Read the instructions carefully before signing the agreements.
• And, before you hand over the money, make sure that you are clear about everything and have no doubts left.
• There will be 3 part exam. One will be on the Theory and hazard perception which will comprise of road safety rules, mechanical principles and the teaching techniques. The second part will cover the driving ability. And, the last exam will be on the instructional ability.
When you teach people to drive, it will give you a sense of pride and when they are able to clear their driving tests, you would feel really happy. You would also be helping the qualified drivers in their post test training so that they can drive confidently on highways and freeways. In fact, your position as a driving instructor is quite important as you would be teaching the student about the road safety rules. And, if you are able to teach them well, you can be rest assured that they will not end up in accidents and will drive very safely, following all the safety rules. So, you are doing a great benefit to the society.