Drawing from the Key Competencies and Values in the NZ Curriculum and a growing body of research knowledge, NetSafe, in consultation with New Zealand teachers has produced this definition of a New Zealand digital citizen.
A digital citizen:
* Is a confident and capable user of ICT
* Uses technologies to participate in educational, cultural, and economic activities
* Uses and develops critical thinking skills in cyberspaceis literate in the language, symbols, and texts of digital technologies
* Is aware of ICT challenges and can manage them effectively
* Uses ICT to relate to others in positive, meaningful ways
* Demonstrates honesty and integrity and ethical behaviour in their use of ICT
* Respects the concepts of privacy and freedom of speech in a digital world
* Contributes and actively promotes the values of digital citizenship
This is a 'bit' from NetSafe's myLGP website. It's part of a collection of resources that help educators to teach effective digital citizenship. Take a look.
Curation tools develop a range of skills for students including information literacy. This excellent set of slides by Lisa Nash looks at the growth of curation, its value to learning and provides an introduction to a range of popular curation tools.
Not all curation is of equal value. Take a look at this blog post as the basis of some reflection on your curation work. There are some value judgements here that I don't agree with but I think it is nonetheless worth a read.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.