Time is one of the most important elements of life that we have or, better said, don’t have enough of. That means that any tool that has the function of reducing your workload should be considered a blessing.
Using social media in your job hunt doesn’t just mean having a LinkedIn profile and tweeting industry news anymore. Many employers are looking for candidates with an impressive online presence, also known as a social resume.
Check out this infographic for what you need to know about creating a social resume that’ll stand out to hiring managers, plus some insider tips for how to tell if it’s getting you the results you want.
Setting up a new business on social networks takes much more than filling in a form. Lots of the most important aspects are easily overlooked when creating a new business profile or page. Maintaining consistency across the web with your brand’s voice and visual elements is critical for brand recognition. You’ll also need to pay attention to who will run your accounts, and how they’ll do so.
Facebook hit a billion users! Twitter is the new digital water cooler! Youtube is the future of TV! Ok, you get it right? Social media is transformative. So what? Every business that thinks about customer engagement through a technological lens will miss the very thing that will keep them in business for the long-term—the impact of technology on society and behavior and how it opens up new touch points and changes expectations as a result.
Depending on your business, you may or may not already have someone dedicated to your social media strategy. Whether it is aligning with your current business objectives and priorities is a different article. The focus for our time together right now is on how you will compete for the future of attention, wherever attention is focused. All signs at the moment point to mobile as the future of engagement and commerce as smartphones and tablets become the lens for how consumers see the digital and virtual worlds....
Les presento una lista priorizada de los mejores 16 sitios web con fotos e imágenes gratis (libre distribución) con sus principales características, para ser usadas en el blog y las redes sociales de manera legal.
Anyone who has used the Prezi platform would know that creating a Prezi and uploading it to Prezi.com is easy enough, however when it comes to converting it to a YouTube video, there seems to be no native method of doing so...
I often wonder about how to measure the success of this blog. While there are many tools to measure page views and visitors, the absolute number of readers is probably the worst measure because it's a false idol. Feedburner subscribers, retweets, time on site aren't much better because they don't measure the true performance of a blog - what fraction of a target audience the blog reaches.
In order for content marketing and blogs to be effective, the writing must have a target audience in mind. By focusing on that audience, bloggers build a brand in a scalable and cost-effective way. So engaging the very highest fractions of that audience possible is the best metric of success.
For example, this blog targets startup founders, managers and employees. I journal my education and thoughts in the hopes that others benefit from these learnings. In exchange, I'm trying to build recognition within the startup ecosystem. Each morning, I'd like to log into an analytics dashboard that showed me the fraction of entrepreneurs and startup employees I reached the day before. And ideally, which content resonated and why. Alas, there is no such tool....
Did you know that of all the content that people share on social media, images are the most viewed and attract the highest levels of engagement? Here are some online tools for photo editing, meme making, gif production and infographics.
Mobile shopping behavior continues to evolve with consumers using smartphones and tablets for both researching and purchasing products.
I came across an interesting new study around this that shows how the actions of research and purchasing differ by device.
While the smartphone is the device for research, the tablet is more the device for purchasing, according to the study by a Lenovo team led by Mo Chaara, Director, Site Optimization, in the Global Web Marketing Team at Lenovo....
Excerpted from article: "According to the Harvard Business School, increasing customer retention rates by 5 percent increases profits by 25 percent to 95 percent. In order to help you increase your own retention rates, we’ve compiled a list of our 15 favorite tips (backed by academic research and case studies) on increasing customer loyalty, divided into five easy-to-browse sections.
- Communication It’s hard to create loyal customers if they aren’t paying attention to you. Given this fact, below are our favorite bits of research on clear communication with customers. 1. Stand for something; 2. Utilize positive social proof; 3. Invoke the inner ego;
- Selling If customers don’t enjoy your selling process, they’ll likely never do business with you again. Thus, selling to customers the “correct” way is an integral part of creating customer loyalty. Below are a few studies to help you improve the process. 4. Use the words they love to hear; 5. Reduce pain points and friction;
- Reciprocity Reciprocity is the social construct that makes the world go ’round… or in your case, keeps your customers coming back. The premise is simple: Go above and beyond for customers and get rewarded with repeat business. The execution, however, can be trickier, so below is a compilation of interesting research on how to improve reciprocity with your customers. 6. Realize that budget is negligible; 7. Utilize surprise reciprocity; 8. Make it personal;
- Support This one is a no-brainer: You can’t create a tribe of loyal customers without an exceptional customer service experience that keeps them coming back. In this section, we’re going to bust a few customer service myths wide open, as well as tackle some important things you need to keep in mind when offering support online. 9. Speed is secondary to quality; 10. Customers enjoy businesses who know them; 11. Choose the right platform; 12. Make it a communal effort;
- Loyalty Programs The key to creating customer loyalty programs that work is to know why customers use them and what gets customers to keep using them. Below you’ll find consumer research that answers these questions. 13. Get people started; 14. Get ideal customers to be VIPs; 15. Label your customers..."
Storytelling is a powerful business tool. I was reminded of this during my visit last week to the January meeting of the Ohio State Council of SHRM. Although I was there as an invited guest speaker, I certainly feel like … Continue reading → (Three...
Regardless of whether you are in business, trying to put your startup on the map, new to the working world or focus mostly on non-profit work, LinkedIn is a very good networking tool to help you achieve your professional goals.
Here at the Icon Deposit, we give you the opportunity to post your icons, designs, code, and screenshots to promote your work and gain new clients. We feature Hundreds of Free PSD's, Icons, Icon Sets, UI/UX design, Illustrator/Vector graphics, CSS, CSS3, JQuery, Photoshop tutorials and tons more.
Creating enough content is a major issue for more than half of B2B and B2C marketers, according to research by the Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs. Just adding more content marketing to your plans by itself isn’t sufficient to yield the most from your marketing investment.
Therefore, somewhat contrary to the above data, it seems that marketers’ biggest content marketing challenge is maximizing each content marketing effort’s effectiveness. As a result of doing this, each element of content would be better able to achieve its marketing objectives.
To ensure that each piece of content yields optimal results toward your business goals, here are seven steps you need to follow....
Content curation is a highly effective inbound marketing strategy and because of this there has been a rise of content curation tools and platforms. So we did what we typically do, we tried to get a good handle on all the options that exist in the market. What follows is our best collection of tools that allow you to easily curate content.
If we missed any tools please leave a comment down below and we will add it to the list....
Online video can no longer be ignored. On the crowded commuter train many passengers have ditched their evening newspaper for YouTube on their phone. In my office when something goes wrong with the system our calm, twenty something intern sits back and watches a YouTube video to find a solution to the problem.
YouTube is the 2nd biggest search engine in the world behind the mighty Google itself. So there is no doubt that you, as a company, need a presence there. Here’s everything you need to know about YouTube for business to get started....