Think you’ve tried every search engine optimization tool in the book? Think again. Press releases are an easy, inexpensive way to boost your SEO, especially when used in conjunction with other marketing tools.
Think you’ve tried every search engine optimization tool in the book? Think again. I’m willing to bet there’s one you haven’t included in your overall marketing mix. Press releases.
- A press release isn’t only a way to announce information — it’s also a great little ball of SEO, for many reasons:
- You can include keywords that people are searching to find your website.
- You can hyperlink to specific pages on your site in the release.
- You can publish each press release on dozens of quality websites. Google likes this, and will move you up in search results accordingly.
1. Start with a piece of solid news, like the award your company recently won, the major contract you’ve just secured, or a great new piece of content you want to promote.
2. Find a press release template so you know what goes where. Some websites won’t post your press release unless it’s correctly formatted, so stick to the template.
3. Incorporate keywords (more on that in the next section).
4. Find an image to enhance the visual appeal. This could simply be your company logo.
5. Finally, plug in your info and distribute online.