Everybody multitasks, but what most people don’t realize is that, in fact, multitasking doesn’t work.
And with today’s technology, everyone multitasks more than ever—from using smartphones in class to tablets while watching television, there are always multiple things to be doing at one time.
While multitasking may make you feel like you’re accomplishing more things in less time, in actuality trying to multitask does more harm than good:
Focusing on more than one thing decreases your productivity by 40% and lowers your IQ by 10 points, according to Harvard Business Review and that only 2% of people can multitask effectively. As for the remaining 98%? They’re actually lessening their productivity without even realizing it.
Check out this Infographic from OnlineCollege.org on how often we confuse multitasking with actual distraction.
By Online College. http://bit.ly/NdStHK
Via maxOz, malek, Laura Păuleţ