The attributes of design thinking include:
1. Empathising with users by focusing on their experiences: design-centric organisations facilitate observational behaviour to better understand what consumers want and need.
2. A willingness to learn from failure: design thinking recognises that it is rare to get things right the first time round - teams learn from failure and mistakes.
3. Efforts to make ideas tangible: design thinkers use physical prototypes to communicate complex developments.
4. The preservation of ambiguity: being comfortable with not knowing the total answer to the problem that needs a solution.
5. Collaboration and co-creation with a diverse set of people who all have unique insights into the strategic challenges that a business is facing.