The legendary artist discusses "Belief+Doubt" at the Hirshhorn Museum. with Complex.com.
Your new post is loading...
Why is it so freaking hard to find high quality, high-res free stock photos? Here are the most awesome free stock photo websites + tools.
Martin (Marty) Smith's insight:
Can never have too many sources for images. This post covers a few that were new to us.
7 Easy To Forget Simple Ideas
* Email - email marketing is the ability to communicate with your tribe without asking permission from a middleman.
* 80:20 Rule - a small set almost always controls a larger set online so find your 80:20 rules and design, merchandise and sell to them.
* Keywords - make sure you use keywords in your navigation and use a rewrite tool to show visitors one set of keys and spiders another.
* Community - create an ASK (for help) and listen more than you talk and online community will form.
Parallax scrolling is a popular design technique used on websites in order to create an illusion of movement on the screen, to help engage website visitors and move visitor yes where you want them AND parallax scrolling plays beautifully on mobile devices!.
Web Designer SEO
* Learn what is MIST vs what is Gorilla.
* Design to Win Hearts, Minds and Loyalty.
|Suggested by Sanjana Singh|
Great TechMagnate.com Post
Agree with all 8 of these TechMagnate.com Great Web Design tips and would add two more:
2. Creative (Develop A Process)
3. Organization (Wireframes & Nav)
4. Innovation (Include Some)
5. Responsive Design (Get Some)
6. Simplify, Simplify, Simplify7. Don’t Stop Testing
& Scenttrail's 2 Additions
9. Calls-To-Actions & Keywords are your friends.
10. Know your 80:20 Rules.
Here is our Curagmai.com post on how to find your website's 80:20 Rule: http://www.curagami.com/magica-thinking/new-seo/finding-80-20-rule/
Google trends helps redesign websites. We used Google Trends to understand headphones category for the Moon-Audio.com redesign launched the day after Valentine's Day. We share trends tips on how to use this powerful FREE tool in this 3 minute video and Curagami post.
Ecommerce Master Class: Conversion Metrics
There are only a handful of ways to increase sales from a website. Good idea to START with increasing your conversions since sending more traffic into a leaky boat is a fool's errand.
In this short Ecommerce Master Class Video we share three of our favorite tactics to increase conversion:
* Ubiquitous Free Shipping.
* Best Sellers.
As you design your next website make sure you DESIGN IN these three ideas and your site will convert better. Conversion is a magic number too. Tiny improvements in conversion create HUGE benefits to your bottom line as costs go down and profit go up.