Content Marketing Is Key
Important post from Scoop.it CEO @Guillaume Decugis because the 12 step program he outlines clearly cleaves content marketing pros from everyone else. We share this post in our Design Revolution Scoop.it feed because we would add 2 more items to a solid list:
13. You aren't designing for content curation and content marketing. 14. You are building community in
Designing for content curation means incorporating the automated feeds Guilluame discusses and leaving room for community and collaboration.
Community's pillars such as user profiles, timeliens, following, comments, wikis and blogging have to be fuilt into a design or you are talking to yourself about yourself even if you follow many of Guillaume edicts. Guillaume's 12 Step Progam:
1. You’re not tracking your results.
2. You’re not repurposing your content.
3. You aren’t automating at least part of your social media activity.
4. You aren’t automating some of your email marketing.
5. You’re only sharing your own content – you’re not adding any content curation to the mix.
6. You aren’t testing.
7. You don’t have a content strategy that’s tied to business goals and your buyers’ journey.
8. You haven’t defined your buyers’ personas or their typical journey.
9. You aren’t creating content strategically.
10. You don’t have a centralized “vault” of all your company’s content assets.
11. You aren’t promoting your content, either via social sharing or by making it visible to the search engines.
12. You have nothing to show for your work.