We have a number of fully-funded scholarships (covering travel, accommodation and food) for students, post-docs and ECRs to attend the 2014 TRUCE Summer School on Unconventional Computation (Sept. 1-12), in Malaga, Spain.
This two-week programme will feature lectures, independent workgroups, and plenty of time for socialising and networking.
Summer school faculty:
• Michael Lones (Heriot Watt). Biological inspiration: past, present and future.
• Angel Goñi-Moreno (CNB, Spain). Biocircuit design through computational analysis.
• Zoran Konkoli (Chalmers, Sweden). Fluctuation-dominated (reaction diffusion) kinetics in the context of unconventional computing: a friend or foe?
• Irene D’Amico (York, UK). Introduction to quantum computation.
• Mario de J. Pérez Jiménez (Sevilla, Spain). Computing the natural way.
• Susan Stepney (York, UK). Physical Computation.
• Simon Hickinbotham (York, UK). Computational transitions in evolution.
• Francisco Vico (Malaga, Spain). Bio-inspired computing and computer creativity.
For more information and application details, please see: http://www.truce-project.eu/2014-summer-school.html
Deadline for applications: Friday 27th June.