Content marketing must serve a higher purpose & featuring people not things is how websites win hearts, minds & loyalty creating online community.
Post includes a Fareed Zakaria interview with hedge fund manager Ray Dolio because Ray shares 5 tips for how to become a great web marketer:
* Think more about how "the machine" works (Google in our case).
* Be in the middle of it and expect to get banged up.
* Have great humility and FEAR.
* It isn't KNOWING that matters it is what you do when you DON't KNOW.
* Find smart people who disagree with you and LISTEN.
I couldn't summarize how teams I've led have made over $30M in online sales learn to think and be. Ray may be speaking of how to manage a hedge fund, but he may as well be outlining how to be a great digital marketer.
This post explores an eternal truth - people not things sell.