Banksy, a grafitti artist, is a powerful social marketer. Banksy's art blew up New York teaching ten online marketing lessons for those wise enough to see including:
- Live By A Single Rule: If Your Content Is Generating Shares DO MORE.
- Other “Control Rules” Are Gone.
- Use existing distribution systems, but turn them upside down.
- Create EVENTS and content people will CHASE and SHARE.
- Get THEM to do YOUR work for YOU.
- Keep some secrets as long as possible.
- Whatever happens is all good as long as Rule #1 still applies.
- Use the Internet and social media to amplify content & events.
- Define deadlines because deadlines heighten the web’s amplification.
- Rinse & Repeat
Are people racing around NYC to see your latest work? If no then steal some social marketing tips from one of the world's best - Banksy.