Diana Vreeland - The Eye Must Travel Movie
This movie about former Vogue editor Diana Vreeland is fascinating. Stay with it as it begins slow, but it picks up momentum and ends up sharing some secrets only a Vogue editor of Vreeland's statue could ever know such as:
* When Truth & Legend Conflict, Print the Legend.
* Don't depend on others to create "legends", create epics yourself.
* Editing means creating something readers "can't get at home".
* Travel shifts your paradigm, so travel far and wide.
* Visuals must STOP and shout LOOK AT ME (never boring).
* KEEP GOING, never slow down or stop.
That last bullet speaks to Vreeland's firing from Vogue and ending up at MET as a Special Fashion Consultant for the Met's "Costume Institute" at 70.