Showmaging Art Forum I love Artforum Magazine. The magazine is a work of art itself. It is an over sized glossy the likes of which will be gone soon. We can'
|Scooped by Martin (Marty) Smith|
Shomaging Artforum Magazine
Yesterday in what may be the first instance of "showmaging" I sat in Barnes and Noble and took pictures of articles in Artform Magazine. I love Artforum and used to buy it regularly, but I can't imagine such passive consumption now.
Now I want to be involved and if content isn't on my pad or laptop it doesn't exist. Yes I prefer books, but books are a bigger commitment. I will miss the oversized glossy presentation of Artforum, but I just can't be so quiet in my consumption of a timely piece of content such as a monthly magazine about art.
Here are tips I shared that could help print publishers survive the mobile revolution, and make no mistake the world of woe print publishers are in comes from those very SMART PHONES we carry:
* Put QR codes on your pages.
* Create platforms where WE can contribute OUR takes on your takes.
* Hold contests rewarding cool interpretations of your product in different media (web, video, mashups).
* Gamify your consumption so your customer’s takes on your published material is rewarded and prized.
* Think each page as the beginning of a DIGITAL conversation (ads tool.
* Don’t accept ads that are boring just because the pay well.