I have a great job. It has allowed me to visit some of the cleverest technology companies around the world and meet many of those shaping our future, from Amazon’s Jeff Bezos to Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook.
|Scooped by Centro Maestros|
Read the article first by clicking on its title, then read the questions below.
1. Which sentence best describes the main point (or argument) of the article?
a) The author has a really great job because he meets people who are shaping the future through technology.
b) An enthusiastic educator who uses technology inspires students and at least one journalist.
c) Essa Academy and Abdul Chohan are models for educators and schools interested in using technology to further their objectives.
d) It's too early to say how useful technology will be in schools in the long run, but a day in Bolton offers a glimpse of its exciting potential.
2. Does the author support his argument? If so, how?
3. What effect does the author's first-person narrative style have on you, his reader?
4. How is the article structured? Is the organization clear?
5. Why do you think the author mentions, in the first paragraph, having met both Amazon's Jeff Bezos and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg?
6. Re-read the first and last paragraphs. Does the last echo the first? Why do you think the author so closely connects them?