You are the content you publish.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Twitter
I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter account
Start a free trial of Scoop.it Business
Are you sure you want to delete this scoop?
From the official site: "Vourno.com provides journalists (Vournos) with the tools to raise capital for the creation and production of quality, newsworthy content and gives the public (Pubs) the ability to directly fund, share, watch and rate those stories."
Successfully funded projects are produced and premiered on the Vourno online network.
Here's how it works:
1. Video journalists (“vournos”) propose a video story they want to create (“Video is where everybody’s going,” Verdirame said).
2. Members of the public (“pubs”) browse the stories they want to fund and help publish it by donating. They can also pitch their own stories they want to see published for a vourno to pick up.
3. Vournos gather enough funds from pubs to pay for their salary, equipment, travel expenses and any extra team members they may need (editor, videographer, etc.)
4. The vourno gets a certain amount of time to complete the story and publish it on Vourno’s website for all to watch and share for a week before selling it elsewhere.
5. More popular, original and in-depth reporting will get more play on the website, and more sharing means more revenue through advertising — which eventually will be shared by vournos and pubs.
(Source: Zach C. Cohen - Idealab)
Find out more: https://www.vourno.com/
How it works:
We also pride ourselves in offering lots of "extras" that are exclusive to this club. We work with many local manufacturers and also have a window treatment specialist, heating/cooling and plumbing specialist, and window and door reps on site so that you can get specific recommendations from the experts.