1. Business Model Disruption Will Get Spikier: All the changing technology and democratization of advantages typically held only by large companies generates some real doozy business model disruptions in 2014.
2. Squeeze the Marketing Cost Balloon: Spiking costs from all that content, personalization, marketing technology spend and global campaigning is really cramping your style with the CFO. Quick: CMO vs. CFO, who wins? Sooooo…many CMOs will be taking drastic measures to manage marketing costs in 2014.
3. Head or Tail of Content Distribution—Pick One!!! A funny thing happens when content is digitized and anyone can create it and distribute it. Players in the middle get crushed.
4. Digital Immigrants Eye the Grand Canyon, Planning for the Leap
5. Somebody Will Create a Hype Game about Gamification
6. Smart Brands Will Formalize Change Pre-Viz Teams: “Huh?” you say. Pre-viz is short for “pre-visualization”. Think of this as creating immersive prototypes of what the new world will look like once a change happens (or a new product or service hits).
7. Bot Traffic Becomes 135% of all Internet Traffic: I jest (it’s actually 62% now). But 2014 will continue to unveil just how much digital traffic isn’t really people traffic, per se.
8. Some Brands Will Call a Tech Timeout: Others will wish they had. We’re catching wind of some large enterprise marketing teams calling a timeout on new marketing technology and platforms in 2014.
9. Some CIO-CMO Tandems Will Get Down to Brass Tacks
► Receive a FREE daily summary of The Marketing Technology Alert directly to your inbox. To subscribe, please go to http://ineomarketing.com/About_The_MAR_Sub.html ; (your privacy is protected).