Bruce Clay did an SEO test on three varieties of curated content:
1. Curated links with auto-generated summaries.
2. Curated links with 200+ word annotations written by the human curator, referred to from here on as editorialized curation.
3. An excerpt of the original traditional post and curated links with editorialized curation."
"Our conclusion is that when content curation comes in the form of original content, a website can achieve the benefits of fresh content without threat of negative search engine rankings. The same ranking potential can be gained from curated content with editorialized curation in significantly less time when compared to a traditional blog post."
In order for curated content to enhance your site's SEO, you should follow these best practices:
1. Text should be unique on the Web.
2. Sources linked to should be of high quality.
3. Add value to the collection, for instance through story-telling, new perspective or commentary
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.