|Current selected tag: Storify. Clear.|
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Therese's comment: In this post, blogger Liz Wilson provides 5 real life examples as case studies in content curation:
1. An educational B2B magazine on Scoop.it: Just Story It
4. Curating an event with Storify: #MyBlogGuest Twitter chat
5. Social lists that you can embed on your website or blog: Cendrine’s lists on List.ly
GREAT way to compare curation tools !
Therese's comment: This August 27, 2012 post offers a to-the-point succinct description of leading content curation tools by Social Media AgencySocialBrit
- Scoop.it: Become an authority in your vertical [...]
- Storify: Curate your next event [...]
- Pearltrees: Cultivate your interests [...]
- Pinterest: Share your favorite visuals [...]
- Delicious: Find & bookmark cool stuff [...]
- Bundlr: Bundle your multimedia [...]
- BagTheWeb: Add to a knowledge network [...]
- Chill is a video-centric curation service [...]
- Diigo is the social bookmarking site [...]
- Paper.li, Flockler, LOUD3R and Searcheeze : instant news publications on niche topics [...]
- Qrait : real-time curation platform [...]
- Curation Station: paid services. [...]
- Locker Project provides a container for personal data [...]
Create vs. curate? They aren't mutually exclusive. Tailor your role as content strategist to be one part creator and one part curator.
Therese's comment: excellent analysis of the reasons why marketers should curate content (or not); presentation of best practices and review of the following tools: Curata, CurationSoft, Paper.li, Scoop.it, Storify
From a lovely blog by a Spanish teacher, this post insightfully reviews a comprehensive and excellent choice of curation tools in several categories:
CLOUD STORAGE: DropBox, Evernote, GoogleDrive
RESEARCH: social bookmarking tools: Diigo, Zotero
VISUAL BOOKMARKING: Pinterest, Learni.st, Bo.lt
SOCIAL BOOKMARKING: folksonomy, Delicious, Diigo, Zotero, Pinterest, Learni.st, and Bo.lt, Bundlr, Educlipper (in Beta).
PRESENTATION: Pearltrees, LiveBinders, Museum Box, Jog the Web, Mentor Mob.
MAGAZINE: Scoop.it , Storify, Paper.li, Flipboard
In the end, she recommends for education: Symbaloo, Diigo, DropBox, Evernote
[...] your content will have a greater chance of going viral when using curation tactics. The advantage of content curation when it comes to short-tail keywords is that it expedites your rankings.For example, I created something on “Marketing” and “Twitter,” and it was already on page one when I went back to go check the next day! Not only do the short-tail keywords rank well in a short time period, but the longs-tail keywords do just as well. [...]
- Pearl Trees
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 9, 2013) - Livefyre, provider of the leading real-time conversation and social curation platform, announced the acquisition of Storify, the drag-and-drop storytelling tool that has changed the way journalists...
Therese Torris's insight:
Direct link to Storify blog about this announcement
Facebook tab application provider Tabfusion keeps cranking out new offerings, with the latest tying the social network together with social media curator Storify.
The app allows Storify users to display all of their stories on their Facebook pages, and Tabfusion said users only need to provide their Storify user names, with the app taking care of the rest and updating in real-time.
Readers: Have you ever used Storify or another social media curator?
Via Heiko Idensen
Therese's comment: Blogger Marcela De Vivo's list of tools for creating custom online magazines goes beyond content curation leaders (Storify, Paper.li, Scoop.it etc.) to include: Collected.info http://collected.info/, Issuu http://issuu.com and Storination (still in beta) http://storination.com/ -- which I did not know before.
10. Storination (beta)
"Here are some great content curation tools. FREE Content Curation Tools: Zemanta - Available as a Wordpress plugin. Always seems to show me extremely..."
Discusses: 1- Evernote, 2- Livebinders, 3- Pinterest, 4-ScoopIt, 5-Delicious, 6-Diigo , 7- NetVibes, 8- MentorMob, 9- Storify, 10. Curate.Us