"Do you know the people you come from?" This is the one question most commonly asked by the world's Indigenous peoples to people of European heritage.
...decolonization is a powerful process that allows us to:
- Re-connnect with the places we come from, and the ways of life that shaped our ancestor’s experience and continue to live hidden within ourselves;
- Reawaken the identity of who we are in a line of people from ancient ancestors to future generations;
- Restore a sacred way of life through relationships with the animals, plants, and other living relatives who made our lives possible;
- Become more effective allies in anti-racist action, solidarity work, and resistance struggles of Indigenous people and other people of color;
- Make healing of historic traumas possible for ourselves, and for Indigenous people who suffer from colonization and genocide."