In Greece and South Africa, more than half of young adults are out of work. In much of the Middle East, the figure is 25 percent; in the United States, it’s about one in six. Yet at the same (The job skills gap is a global crisis.
Schools that create socially and emotionally sound learning and working environments, and that help students and staff develop greater social and emotional competence, in turn help ensure positive ...
Shane Smith's insight:
If you are interested In Education and want to develop Pro Social Behaviours as well as quality educational Outcomes along with greater levels of Flourishing for all then this is a report well worth a read!!!
You love to learn. Your students, colleagues, and parents love to learn. But what kind of styles of learning are most effective for each party?
Read through the following infographic to get a detailed look at the 7 styles of learning. Which is the most effective style for you? What about what works for your students or peers? It might be time to consider that the learning style that works for you may not be the best style for others!
TED Talks Shame is an unspoken epidemic, the secret behind many forms of broken behavior. Brené Brown, whose earlier talk on vulnerability became a viral hit, explores what can happen when people confront their shame head-on.
Great leaders think strategically. They can understand and appreciate the current state as well as see possibilities.
- Critical thinking is the mental process of objectively analyzing a situation by gathering information from all possible sources, and then evaluating both the tangible and intangible aspects, as well as the implications of any course of action.
- Implementation thinking is the ability to organize ideas and plans in a way that they will be effectively carried out.
- Conceptual thinking consists of the ability to find connections or patterns between abstract ideas and then piece them together to form a complete picture.
- Innovative thinking involves generating new ideas or new ways of approaching things to create possibilities and opportunities.
- Intuitive thinking is the ability to take what you may sense or perceive to be true and, without knowledge or evidence, appropriately factor it in to the final decision.
If you've ever tried to pry a child away from some video game that seems to exert more influence over him than you could ever hope to, you might have asked yourself: Why can't we get a force this ca (@joguerraa RT @openeducation2: Beyond Blowing Up...
TED Talks Brené Brown studies human connection -- our ability to empathize, belong, love. In a poignant, funny talk, she shares a deep insight from her research, one that sent her on a personal quest to know herself as well as to understand humanity.