Five Steps to Avoid a Marketing Strategy and Planning Disaster:
1. Identify your business goals and evaluate them in context with the latest marketplace realities and customer research. Start with the customer problems you can solve and take their perspective.
2. Ruthlessly evaluate what worked and what didn’t in the past. Pick winners and prune the losing tactics, techniques and processes. Shift people to where they are needed most.
3. Model the appropriate marketing mix in order to achieve a higher return on marketing spend.
4. Define a Content Strategy based on the needs of todays’ buyers. Create an audience-first marketing mentality.
5. Define an always-on, inbound marketing approach that produces more efficient and effective marketing outcomes.