The Council of Chief State School Officers urges testmakers and the two state consortia to create large-scale assessments that reflect good instructional practice.
- Aligned to Common Core State Standards
- ensure test accessibility
- ensure security
- create user-friendly reports
- chart students' progress
- provide data that can help guide instruction
- Math: balance of concepts, procedures, application, link math reasoning and practices to its content
- ELA: assess both reading and writing, balance of literature and informational text.