A 150-page report by a task force on truancy in Chicago Public Schools proposed wide ranging reforms on both the local and state levels to cut absenteeism in Chicago Public Schools.
- Bring back truancy officers.
- Change how school districts report average daily attendance.
- Upgrade data systems to better track absentee students.
- Conduct aggressive outreach to parents, families, and communities. Enact better support mechanisms for homeless and other at-risk students.
- Revise state laws and language on absenteeism.