To access these resources, educators will need to go to http://nms.org/Resources/CommonCore. They will click on the “Get Free Resources” button and asked to create a profile. Educators will then have unlimited access to these resources and all new open resources developed for PARCC by NMSI, ELC state team members, and PARCC staff members. Additional, free classroom-ready lessons are also available on the NMSI website.
Released materials are organized under the following strands:
- PARCC Updates (e.g., Assessment and implementation)
- Curricular Tools (e.g., Model Content Frameworks, Tri-State Rubric, etc.)
- Instructional Resources (e.g., Using literary and informational texts, moving from single to multiple standards in mathematic instruction, science and social studies literacy, etc.,)
- Diverse Student Populations (e.g., Strategies for English Language Learners and Gifted and Talented Students, Testing Accommodations for students with disabilities, etc.,)
- Higher Education (e.g., College and Career Ready Determination, Models for pre-service teacher training, etc.,)
- Leadership (e.g., Administrator resources, state updates, etc.,)