from Education for Life and Work...
To design instruction for transfer:
- Begin with clearly-defined learning goals and a model of how learning is expected to develop.
- Use assessments to measure and support progress toward goals.
- Provide multiple, varied representations of concepts and tasks.
- Encourage questioning and discussion.
- Engage learners in challenging tasks, with support and guidance.
- Teach with carefully selected sets of examples and cases.
- Prime student motivation.
- Use formative assessment to provide feedback.