By Eric Hargis, Executive Director of the National PTA
Benefits of The Common Core Standards:
- "One thing that must be the same regardless of which state you live in is a quality education for our children. With the CCSS, I am ssured quality and consistency in my children's education regardless of where we live.
- The standards offer parents "a clear understanding of what my children are expected to learn and each grade level."
- The Standards provide incredible value to parents wanting to be fully engaged in their children's education.
- Regardless of their zip code, parents are assured that their children graduate fully prepared for college and careers.
Government Takeover Myth Debunked
"This isn't even a Pinocchio stretch of the truth, but an out and out lie."
- Truth #1 - States are driving this process and have been involved at every level — from the drafting and development stages through revisions and the final product.
- Truth #2 - States voluntarily adopted the Standards.
- Truth #3 - States and school districts still have autonomy in decisions made on how to teach the Standards in the classroom.