This activity requires students to use higher level thinking skills as they interact with a primary source image. The thinking triangle also gives students practice in the visual equivalent of Common Core State Standards (CCSS) reading anchor standard 2.
Follow the directions below to record thoughts about the image using the thinking triangle.
- Row 1 (Who/What?): Think about who or what this image represents and describe it in one word (write the word on the top line in the triangle).
- Row 2 (When?): Think about the time period this image represent sand describe it in two words (wirte each word on one line in the second row).
- Row 3 (Where?): Think about the place shown in this image and describe it in three words (write each word on one line in the third row).
- Row 4 (How?): Think of a How question that this image answers and write the answer in four words, one word on each line in the fourth row.
- Row 5 (Why?): Think of a Why question that this image answers and write the answer in five words, one word on each line in the fifth row.