Tennessee officials announced on Tuesday the formation of a Common Core Leadership Council, giving districts a voice in the statewide transition to Common Core State Standards.
The Leadership Council will advise the department on the Common Core transition plan and directly lead and manage all aspects of the work.
13 directors, supervisors and an assistant principal from across the state will advise department officials on:
- formal and informal assessments
- professional development resources
- shape the framework for all Common Core pilot programs
- become regional experts
- leaders in the importance and concrete expectations of the standards
- selection and training of exemplary educators, who will facilitate summer training on Common Core implementation in July.