[...] How could social technologies help?
1) First, creating a community of fellow learners before they "attend training" would help them to learn from each others' experiences.
2) Focusing away from "competencies needed" to people sharing their expertise and strengths.
3) The facilitator sharing content and theory before the training - so that face to face time could be used for practice and feedback
4) The community of learners could be a support and ideation group when they go back to the workplaces and implement the learnings.
5) The managers could also be a part of the community to understand how better to support their people's learning to be translated into the workplace