How aligned is yoru brand to its "ideals"? When former P&G Marketing Director Jim Stengel wrote Grow: How Ideals Power Growth and Profits at the World's Greatest comanies he may have created the most important branding checkliss.
Stentel defined 5 Brand Ideals:
- Eliciting Joy: Activating experiences of happiness, wonder, and limitless possibility.
- Enabling Connection: Enhancing the ability of people to connect with each other and the world in meaningful ways.
- Inspiring Exploration: Helping people explore new horizons and new experiences.
- Evoking Pride: Giving people increased confidence, strength, security, and vitality.
- Impacting Society: Affecting society broadly, including by challenging the status quo and redefining categories.