1. OMB Deputy Director Brian Deese says that the reason for the rapid rate of decline in the deficit is due to healthcare being nationalized and constant job creation.
2. According to Mr. Deese, the proposed budget deficits will continue to fall through 2024 due to the President’s plans and policies that he thinks will do away with waste.
3. The President is distributing the discretionary funding by empowering in things such as research projects that will ultimately benefit our economy in the long run. His initiative is already paid for taking into consideration the deficits.
4. The cons include the nationalization of healthcare which hurts almost everyone except the people without healthcare. The pro is the investment in our future investments which will ultimately help the economy in the long run.
1. President Obama chose to enact an executive order regarding pay of federal employees by eliminating the pay gap between both races and genders while allowing the people to have the ability to access the documentation regarding the pay between the groups. Executive orders usually pass since Congress has already given their discretion to the President, thus creating very few limitations/conflicts. However, federal courts can change that by retracting them or making them unlawful. 2. Many people believe the President is going around Congress to get legislation passed and is abusing his separation of powers from them. The criticism behind this one is that he is only passing this executive order in order to bring in more pay equality bills. Others believe that this will open up many class action suits and they want those to be avoided. 3. The White House has chosen not to address the Gay Rights groups who want legislation to be put in place dealing with their own rights as employees. The Obama administration is avoiding this issue because it is a highly controversial issue. It would cause a huge disapproval rating which would ultimately hurt Obama causing him to get less of his legislation passed.
Video on msnbc.com: The age-old practice of politicians re-drawing Congressional districts to find friendly voters, or, gerrymandering, has allowed members of the House of Representatives from both sides of the aisle to stay in power regardless of...
1. Due to reapportionment, the state legislatute redraws district lines every ten years. The state legislature does this in order to help achieve the majority party’s triumph in ordeer to further help the incumbency of the candidate.
2. Gerrymandering almost always assures the incumbency of the House of Representatives because the state legislatures re-draw the districts in order to best themselves with the best of the voters.
3.The potential solution provided in this video would be to draw district lines according to population, demographics, and geography in order to try and make sure that the vote is fair. This would not be good for incumbents’ future elections because the majority of their voters would now be spread out making it much harder for them in future elections.
4. Both gerrymandering and the Electoral College are kind of set up for the failure of the majority.. Gerrymandering allows incumbents basically choose their voters by re-drawing the district lines. This almost makes certain that they will be reelecteed which makes it seem that voting doesn’t even matter. The Electoral College can also make an election certain by the use of their ideas, since the American majority doesn’t always show the true meaning.
5. Gerrymandering shouldn’t be justified because a not fair representation making it go against the idea of the American democracy.
1. The Republicans are searching for a tough, self-determining leader that has the know-how and status to withstand criticism. The Democrats seem to want to just put Hillary Clinton at the top because her nomination seems to be likely decision.
2. Sabato doesn’t really seem too focused on the platforms of the candidates and is more focused on how the media views them.
3. The Permanent Presidential Campaign is the idea that the presidential office extends into the candidates past and future. Presidential candidates ultimately give up their own personal lives and lead their life as a president till they die. I think this speaks to the way that media has invaded our government.
4. There is an advantage of being identified as an early leader. It allows people to be recognized by the people sooner than the other candidates. This allows the people to become more informed about that particular candidate. However, there is a disadvantage to it as well. For instance, if that candidate has anything to hide or does not have a concrete campaign plan, then that candidate could hurt from it.
Texas remains a Republican-leaning state because its white residents are becoming increasingly Republican and its large Hispanic population, though solidly Democratic, is less so than Hispanics nationally.
1. Democrats are hopeful of a party realignment in Texas in order transform the nation's largest reliably Republican state into a Democratic state. This relates to minority majority in the way that the minority Hispanic population of America make up the majority Hispanic population of Texas and is still continuing to grow which is helping “tilt Texas.”
2. Texan Hispanics have gradually become more Republican. However, Hispanics living in Texas have followed the broad national trend in terms of primarily identifying as Democrats. Also, 61% of white Texans identify or lean Republican.
3. Hispanics are only 19% of registered voters. Meaning that although there are many Hispanics, most of them are not registered to vote which makes the party realignment in the near future unlikely. This ultimately proves the concept of political participation by showing that the people may think one way, but their participation is the only thing that works.
4. Gallup called cellphones and landlines with a minimum quota of 50% for each. It was a random selection of 178,527 adults from all 50 states. Spanish speakers were allowed in the poll. The phone numbers were chosen at random. Landline calls were given to the household member that had the most recent birthday in order to randomize the process even more. This sampling error included the computed design effects for weighting.
1. The Roberts Court has consistently sided with big businesses. The Chamber of Commerce has gained in most of its cases. It has cut back on class actiopn suits and workplace discrimination ideals. 2. Precedent is the idea that a court will follow the decisions made by previous/superior courts. The Roberts court continues to base itself on the ideas of previous court decisions regarding their cases. 3. The Obama administration has a poor record because it is too liberal for a Supreme Court that made up of mostly conservatives. For Obama to pursue greater success in the Court, he will have to decrease the amount of liberal maning that is behind the legislation he is trying to get passed. 4. Justice Kennedy is considered to be the swing vote. He is not a pure conservative or a pure liberal. He has sided liberal on 4 cases, and conservative on 6. Therefore, he is unpredictable and considered the swing vote. 5. There is discernable bias in the way this article was written. The opinions spoke in this article are for the conservatives. It talks badly about the Obama administration and speaks highly of the Warren Court.
1. The NRA is exercising its influence by encouraging their members to help control their senators or deal with disapproval ratings. The NRA is specifically concerned that Dr. Murthy will use his anti-gun position when he is surgeon general once his appointment is confirmed.
2. The senators are supposed to back their supporters. The Democratic senators should back the president’s appointment because he is also Democratic. However, this creates concern. The senators have a two sided decision. They can either vote with their constituency and face presidential disapproval or vote with the president and run the risk of not being reelected by their constituency.
3. The President/White House plays a role in the confirmation process by suggesting the appointment of an individual for the office of their choice. Then it must be approved by a Senate majority. Thus the senators that are democratic should side with the President/White House appointment because the president is democratic.
4. They White House should reconsider their strategies and re-evaluate the idea of an automatic Democratic approval rating. The White House should choose easier cabinet members in order to ensure a vote. Therefore, the less radical the appointment is, the easier it will to get the votes.
1. The constitutional basis for the Electoral College was founded on the idea that the central government should not be more powerful than the people during the time of an election. The Electoral College was put in place in order to represent the votes more just.2. Safe states are states that almost always side with the same party every election. Swing states are states that switch parties nearly almost every election. The common strategy for most politicians is to attack the swing states much more than the safe states in order to get to 270 votes easier.3. If a majority of the electoral vote is not reached, the decision goes to the House of Representatives. Each representative is given a vote for one the tying candidates.4. The election of 2000 caused a lot of debate. Gore received the majority of the popular vote, while Bush received the majority of the electoral votes. This made the people question whether or not the Electoral College truly satisfy it’s the needs of the people’s interest.5. I am satisfied with the current system. It has been proven to work with very little problems. The Electoral College makes the voting process simpler and causes it to be a better system.
More Americans today are satisfied with where the nation stands on acceptance of gays and lesbians, federal taxes, and healthcare availability than were satisfied in 2001. But Americans' satisfaction with the economy has declined.
1. Due to the historical events in the 13-year comparison, the impact results into a large margin. This is due to the upsurge of terrorism and the creation of a recession. These few events on their own created large changes in the public’s opinion due to shifts in ideology that was either strengthened or injured by the events.
2. The results coincide with the textbook's depiction of liberalism versus conservatism. The Democrats are pleased with the following changes due to having the President be a Democrat. However, the Republicans seem to be less pleased due to their lack of representation, since the President in not a Republican.
3. Based on these results, Democrats seem likely to prefer changes in environmental controls, increases in gun control, and support on health care and abortion regulations. While, based on these results, Republicans seem likely to prefer an increase in national security, tighter abortion regulations, and lower taxes.
4. The error in this survey is larger than the previous one due to a lower poll pool. In my opinion, only using 1,018 people is not able to truly represent the ideas represented from the people of the United States of America. Due to this fact, my interpretation of the data presented is diminished because of indecisive opinions on the included issues.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.