(AP) — A judge ruled Wednesday to keep the upcoming trial of two high school football players charged with raping a 16-year-old girl in the eastern Ohio county where the attack allegedly happened, rejecting requests by the defendants’ attorneys who wanted the trial moved.
Prosecutors had opposed the request by the defendants’ lawyers, who said some potential witnesses had been threatened and could face intimidation or harassment outside the local courthouse.
Judge Thomas Lipps also said the nonjury trial should be open to the public and media. He set the trial date for March 13.
[Click the headline for more]