by LON NEWMAN,
Family Planning Health Services
via RH Reality Check
1. The teen birth rate is down.
2. The abortion rate is down
3. Access to family planning improves maternal and child health.
4. Sex education increases knowledge and decreases risks.
5. Condoms work.
6. Contraception works.
7. Emergency Contraception (Plan B- One Step ™) works by preventing pregnancy. It does not cause an abortion.
8. Access to a full range of contraceptives decreases the risks of sexual behaviors without increasing risky sexual behavior.
9. Abstinence works while people remain abstinent. When they’re not, it doesn’t.
10. Family planning clinics are not in business because of the high profit margin.