As online users become more savvy and increasingly reject direct and invasive advertising techniques, content marketing is becoming ever more important. It’s a key way to engage customers and spread brand awareness.
Creating content that is both relevant and valuable to its target audience is at the very heart of effective content marketing. This can be challenging enough in a single language, but if you’re dealing with multiple languages and cultural differences, there are even more issues to consider.
"Hopkins believed that advertising existed only to sell something. He didn’t care for bells and whistles, but got the job done through ingenuity. Check out a few tidbits of his wisdom and then scroll down past the quotes to read Hopkins’ biggest success story: how he rocketed Schlitz Beer from 8th in the country to number one.
“My words will be simple, my sentences short.”
“The only purpose of advertising is to make sales. [Advertising] is profitable or unprofitable according to its actual sales.”
“Treat it (advertising) as a salesman. Force it to justify itself. Compare it with other salesmen. Figure cost and result. Accept no excuses which good salesmen do not make.”
“I never ask people to buy. The ads all offer service, perhaps a free sample. They sound altruistic. But they get a reading and action. No selfish appeal can do that.”
There is no magic bullet that is going to "save newspapers," and that includes using native advertising and other forms of sponsored content in the print version, despite what one publishing executive would like to think.
Steve Schildwachter's insight:
The only thing that will "save" newspapers is content, i.e., actual journalism, not the slow slouching slide into banal feature writing that has plagued the industry over the last 20 years.
Google+ isn’t only a social network. It’s the very backbone (and future) of Google itself. As Brian Clark wrote yesterday, authorship and the possible effects on the Google algorithm have the potential to be extremely beneficial to savvy content creators. If you’re a writer, this is either going to be very good for your career, or you’ll risk becoming relatively invisible online.
If you’d like to land solidly in the former camp of writers, the question becomes one of how to use Google+ to further your own goals. With that in mind, I’ve put together an infographic for you that outlines 64 strategies that every writer and content producer can put into action, and start reaping the rewards of intelligently engaging with Google+....
Ad Agency Billing Rates Stabilize As Economy Improves, Says Second Wind PR Newswire (press release) WYOMISSING, Pa., April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- National hourly billing rates for small to mid-sized advertising and marketing firms remained...
Fun video, too-obvious '80s soundtrack, but worth a minute or so. International friends will note that not all these things are dead in every country, e.g., phone card is alive and well in Latin America.
The majority of the U.K. consumers (61%) hate being engaged with brands in social media because of: poor language (42,5%), (#marketing 61% of consumers do not want to engage with brands on social platforms: This leaves a large 39% to go for!
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.