"Change leader competencies that also include mindsets. All can be developed."
This is a handy list worth reviewing from colleague Gail Severini. There's more to come, including a top-ten competencies for change agents those who are the focus of the change. ~ Deb
Change Leaders' Competencies include:
1. Determination and discipline - The leader …“Has a profound resolve toward the specific shifts the organization has identified as essential for its future success,...” And, has the personal discipline to ...ake difficult and challenging actions.
2. Self-Knowledge and mindfulness - ...calm in the midst of high-stress, dynamic change. The ability to concentrate and be attentive to other people and concepts...are intricately connected.
6. Integrative thinking - Once we accept that transformational change presents enormous ambiguity it becomes obvious that the ability “to hold two conflicting ideas in constructive tension”.
7. Culture awareness - An understanding of the organization’s current and desired cultures [and] plans for making the shift.
10. Make meaning - Making the change relevant to every resource who has to make the transition --the unusual capability to put yourself in someone else’s shoes, to ...help them ...navigate their way through it.
Read the full post here.