"Don’t train leaders, coach them, mentor them, disciple them, and develop them, but please don’t attempt to train them. "
Training is transactional – Development is transformational."
A 20 item list point out main differences between training and development:
1. Training blends to a norm – Development occurs beyond the norm.
2. Training focuses on technique/content/curriculum – Development focuses on people.
4. Training focuses on the present – Development focuses on the future.
6. Training is transactional – Development is transformational.
More here: 'http://t.co/vcn5rSxa
More about leaders and being strategically & learning agile is here:
- Agile Learning for Sustainable Change: Steps through the Sharp Rock (Includes a Learning vs. Development chart, using Mark Myatt's list)
Via Susan Bainbridge