"Successful transition through endings is a necessary skill these days. A William Bridges classic gives insights into helping endings succeed."
This is one of my own posts on a popular summary of Bridges' work on the differences between change and transition:
- How to help endings be successful
- Access to a downloadable Bridges model article
- Get the strategies list for successful endings
Sometimes an ending is a major, transformative revelation for a business, such as when CEO Darwin Smith exclaimed they needed to shut down the paper mills leading the shift to a new way of doing business.
"It isn't the changes that do you in, it's the transitions.
...Change is external, transition is internal."
~ William Bridges
- Leave room, create an open space for transitioning
- Allow you to enter the Neutral Zone (like the Black Forest) of transitions and change, according to William Bridges