Five key concepts and supporting research and tools will help you lead through adaptive change in a VUCA world, one that is Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous, as presented in Mexico City for CPA firm leaders at the Russell Bedford International conference, yet applicable for any leader.
Researchers showed that out of 20 distinct leadership traits identified in organizations whose leadership performance was strong, high-quality leadership teams typically displayed 4 of the 20 possible types of behavior; these 4 behaviors explained 89 percent of the variance between strong and weak organizations in terms of leadership effectiveness
1. Solving problems effectively.
2. Operating with a strong results orientation.
3. Seeking different perspectives.
4. Supporting others.
This is from the McKinsey Quarterly, first published in 1964, which now offers the perspective today that “much of the management intuition that has served us in the past will become irrelevant,” (Dobbs, 2014.) McKinsey forecasts a crash of:
1) technological disruption,
2) rapid emerging-markets growth, and
3) widespread aging as “long-held assumptions [give] way, and seemingly powerful business models [become] upended.”
Sound familiar? Are you ready?
Read the full article with SlideShare and handouts here on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-strategies-lead-change-using-liberating-structures-deb-nystrom?trk=prof-post