"A great quote can provide personal inspiration and can be used to educate others. The contributor shares his top 100 leadership quotes of all time."
Excerpted (some of my own favorites taken from Kevin's list):
- You don’t need a title to be a leader. –Multiple Attributions
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. —John Maxwell
- My own definition of leadership is this: The capacity and the will to rally men and women to a common purpose and the character which inspires confidence. —General Montgomery
- Leadership is lifting a person’s vision to high sights, the raising of a person’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations. —Peter Drucker
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has. —Margaret Mead
- The most dangerous leadership myth is that leaders are born-that there is a genetic factor to leadership. That’s nonsense; in fact, the opposite is true. Leaders are made rather than born. —Warren Bennis
- To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less. —Andre Malraux
- He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander. —Aristotle
Deb: It seems to be true, per another Scoop, that leadership, in a sense, doesn't really exist, from Peter Drucker's perspective. It is about trust, respect, leader development opportunity, influence and community (relationship / networks / feedback.) That's my perspective on the leadership-train-talk.
(Have a favorite quote that didn't make the list? Share it in the comments section below.)
Via Dr. Susan Bainbridge