Look for five key competencies - drawn from..." a change-agent profile [based on]... extensive data on Fortune 1000 executives across a wide spectrum of industries.
We’ve discovered... in that senior group:
- They’re somewhat rare. Approximately 20 percent of senior executives scored high on five key competencies that correlate with effective change management.
- Executives with those five competencies are more task-oriented than people-oriented.
- They also appear to be motivated most by achievement. Power is a close second.
And here’s how we arrived at those high-level findings.
We analyzed competencies ...we’ve identified the following strengths as key indicators of effective change management:
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience.
- Recognizes growth opportunities.
- Strives for results. Focuses on improving performance.
- Leads courageously.
- Gains buy-in.