Perkins and the Six Key Principles of the Cultures of Thinking Project:
1. Skills are not sufficient; we must also have the disposition to use them.
2. The development of thinking and understanding is fundamentally a social endeavor.
3. The culture of the classroom teaches.
4. As educators, we must strive to make students thinking visible.
5. Good thinking utilizes a variety of resources and is facilitated by the use of external tools to “download” or “distribute” oneʼs thinking.
6. For classrooms to be cultures of thinking for students, schools must be cultures of thinking for teachers.
To access the six principles document: http://www.ronritchhart.com/COT_Resources_files/6Principles%20of%20COT_V2.pdf