As to how much Yelp reviews matter, consider the following data points: 83% of consumers say online customer reviews influence their purchase decisions... As most consumers are aware, Yelp is based on user-generated reviews for local businesses. Getting negative reviews on Yelp can be especially bad for small businesses...
What can a business do about Yelp feedback gone wrong? In general, Pierre’s advice is to avoid posting direct responses to sites such as Yelp, PissedConsumer.com and RipOffReport, as the additional posts will simply drive the stickiness of the bad results even more. Better to do what’s possible to resolve the complaint in private, if possible, and to set up other locations such as your own website or your Facebook page as a location for customers to post their positive experiences (or to let you know about their genuine concerns or complaints.)
Skype launches video messaging to all users CNET To send someone a video message, select the name of your recipient and then select Video Message. The person must be listed as offline for the Video Message button to appear.
If an economic storm has your business taking on water, we have some tips for bailing yourself out. (How To Keep Your Small Business Afloat During Hard Times: If an economic storm has your business taking on wat...
Budget friendly online marketing options for small business - six ways you can get started with digital marketing without breaking the bank (The Power of Digital Advertising on Any Budget: Six Ways Your Small Business Can Get Started
Cash is king when it comes to the financial management of a growing company. The lag between the time you have to pay your suppliers and employees and the time you collect from your customers is the problem, and the solution is cash flow management.
- An accurate cash flow projection can alert you to trouble well before it strikes.
- If you got paid for sales the instant you made them, you would never have a cash flow problem. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen, but you can still improve your cash flow by managing your receivables.
- Top-line sales growth can conceal a lot of problems-sometimes too well. When you are managing a growing company, you have to watch expenses carefully.
- Sooner or later, you will foresee or find yourself in a situation where you lack the cash to pay your bills. This doesn't mean you're a failure as a businessperson-you're a normal entrepreneur who can't perfectly predict the future. And there are normal, everyday business practices that can help you manage the shortfall.
Nearly half of small-business owners are not completely satisfied with their current domain name, and with hundreds of millions of Websites already online, chances are great that someone else has already snapped up a small-business owner's first choice domain name..."It has never been more important for small business owners to understand and leverage the power of a good domain name. The right web address, built on a global, credible domain extension, can make it easy for people to find, remember and refer you customers—and to drive your business forward." In the next year, the Internet is expected to change dramatically, with hundreds of new domain extensions launching, such as .nyc, .green, .app and .movie. Small-business owners who understand the distinctions among the different domain extensions, and can make the most informed choices, will be best positioned to survive and thrive online...
Authority Publishing - Custom Book Publishing, Social Media Marketing Services, Specializing in Nonfiction (What Happens When You Ignore or Abandon Your Social Media Accounts http://t.co/qkpVyIBbzI)...
We all know it's a good idea to have personal savings, but have you considered how much your business needs in cash reserves, and how you should go about meeting this goal?
In a business’s daily operations, unexpected expenses and opportunities arise that require a quick response. And if you don’t have enough tangible funding on hand to meet these costs, your operations could come to a halt because you can’t afford to fix an emergency mishap, or you may lose out on an additional source of capital because you don’t have enough to travel to meet a new investor.
As a business owner, you should always have a contingency fund. It’s hard to speculate what could happen in the future, but it’s best to have money on hand for when the impossible happens...You should try to save 5-10 percent of what these issues would cost and set it aside as an emergency contingency in addition to your regular cash reserve.
Entrepreneur Small-Business Owners: Working Harder, But Optimistic Entrepreneur Nearly six in 10 small-business owners say that it's harder to run their company now than it was five years ago, according to a survey of 917 small-business owners and...
Smaller or emerging merchants might be intimidated by today's business landscape, especially when considering they don't have the resources to outspend larger, more established brands in marketing, or provide rock bottom prices.
This Week On Twitter: Amazing Social Media Stats, 10 Retweet Tips, Social Media Content Marketing (RT @PopsharedSocial: This Week On Twitter: Amazing Social Media Stats, 10 Retweet Tips, Social Media Content Marketing (AllTwitter ...
As small business owners, the mobile phone is one of our most important tools. So important, that we may forget that “anywhere and everywhere” is not our office. And as your business grows, it’s not just your own behavior with a cell phone you have to think about. You also have to make sure your employees exhibit professionalism, stay safe and present a positive public image of your business while using mobile devices. So, hit the pause button for a few minutes to review our 10 rules of mobile etiquette for small businesses:
1. Move 10 feet away if you must take a call. 2. Avoid checking that smartphone in meetings. 3. Return calls within 24 hours. 4. Know where NOT to talk. 5. Speak softly and carry a big stick. 6. Ditch that wild ringtone. 7. Avoid speaking about private matters in public places. 8. Plan ahead for good reception. 9. Keep your mind on your driving! 10. Secure your mobile device with a locking password.
Recent studies show that companies with a fully utilized CRM system can increase sales by 29%. But, any system is only as valuable as the information that goes into it. How do you get everyone in the company to use it and provide real time data?
- Make it simple: Any CRM system only needs: Prospect information, when and what was talked about last, follow up date/reminder and action, who it is assigned to, and what is the dollar value of the opportunity.
- Make sure it integrates with other company systems: Is it complementary to what is already being used? Can data be easily imported and exported from the CRM?
- Train them over and over again: Make it easy to use so they can get their jobs done. Show them how to use it from their smart phones or tablets.
- If the activity isn’t in the CRM system, it never happened: Every company needs to treat their CRM as the only repository for history. No one gets credit for anything if it is not written about here.
- Reports: Make sure you can get real time reports from the data.